We are pleased to announce one paid internship for a current PSU student and one for a PSU alumnus, these internships will support the work of University Studies’ Continuing Engagement Program. This program works to create thematic Communities of Practice that can support the continued engagement of students, alumni and community members in social change. It aims to provide additional support such as mentorship, workshops and seminars to provide ongoing support beyond the confines of a class in which one might come alive to their civic agency. You can familiarize yourself with some of the offerings of this program by reading our Resource Guide for Continuing Engagement, which is distributed to all graduating Capstone students.
As a Continuing Engagement Intern you will work with the Program Coordinator David Osborn. Your work will be oriented to supporting the programmatic aspects that have been developed. Work may include:
- Speaking to classes about opportunities for continued engagement
- Opening and closing off-campus workshops and speaking about continuing engagement opportunities
- Facilitating gatherings of students and alumni to create spaces where we can support one another in our continuing engagement, find opportunities for engagement, etc.
- Grant writing
- Thinking through ways to improve or further develop this avenue of work
We are able to provide $ 1,500 in compensation for each intern thanks to a Bringing Theory to Practice grant from the American Association of Colleges and Universities and support from the University Studies Program. Each intern is required to commit approximately 5-10 hours/week from 2/24-6/16. Some of this work will take place off-campus on weekday evenings. Throughout the internship the Coordinator will facilitate opportunities to learn about the practice of support the engagement of others in social change work.
The timeline for selecting and training interns will be as follows:
- 2/10 Internship announcement, application period opens
- 2/17 Application period closes, interviews scheduled
- 2/19-2/21 Applicants interviewed
- 2/24-26 Interns begin work with training
If you are interested in applying for this internship please fill out the following form or follow this link. If you have any questions please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!