On Tuesday, January 8th the NE Coalition of Neighborhoods will be hosting a Legislative Advocacy 101 training:
6:00 to 8: 00 p.m.
Portland Building, 2nd floor Auditorium
1120 SW 5th Ave., Portland
This training is designed to give you tools to be an effective advocate for your neighborhood and community needs during the 2013 State Legislative Session. Topics to be covered include an overview of the State Legislature, the state legislative process, lobbying do’s and don’ts, and community organizing strategies.
Information you will gain from the workshop:
- An understanding of the State Legislature
- The process for how a bill becomes a law
- Strategies for mobilizing your base of membership or coalitions to maximize advocacy impact
- How to build relationships with legislators and their staff
- Do’s and don’ts for lobbying on all fronts: one-on-one visits, committee testimony, letters and phone calls
To register or get more information, please click here.